Monday 10 May 2010

Monday

Well it was back to work today for me. It felt strange. I had to get my school head back on, that always takes a while. It was lovely to see the children again. The little boy I look after who has autism said to me, 'you've been away a long time Mrs Sayers'. He said it in a very thoughtful way. He gave me a big smile when he saw me so I think he missed me! That made me smile!

The T.A. who works in the class never said one word to me today. Not one! I've tried to be friendly but Im not going to try anymore. She isnt nasty to me, she just doesnt talk to me unless she has to. On rare occasions she might speak to me but this is very rare. I dont let it bother me at all. I really, really dont want her to be friendly if she doesnt like me. I'd rather she just stays as she is. Ive learnt so much through the years. What once used to bother, bothers me no more! Its a good feeling actually.

John and I have just come back from a beautiful walk in our lovely park. We sat in the sun for ages. We met so many people with their doggies. I love meeting people and discussing doggy antics.

Anyone watching Over the Rainbow? Im totally hooked! I cry every week when the girl who is not going to be Dorothy flies off on the moon! Awwwwww!

Anyway, I must go and sort tea out. Hope you are all well.

Update on my back. No improvement as yet! :(

Laine xxxx

4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Lainey glad you got your school head back on ~ and isn't it lovely your little charge was pleased to see you ~ that smile he gave you must have meant a great deal to you :o)
As for that T.A I am glad this isn't bothering you ~ she would not be worth you worring about her attitude ~ you can rise above her ~ she is the loser not speaking to you :o) Ally x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with Ally, that TA is the loser. I never will understand people like that. The plus side is that you were missed. Children are so precious! Glad you got out in the sun. I've spent a busy day with laundry and my little grandson. He had his bath and bottle and is now napping again. This age they sleep a lot yet.

Helen said...

My daughter has teachers that do her just like that and she is a teacher herself. No need for anyone to be like that. Some she speaks to just look at her and say nothing just as if she hasn't spoken. Not good in my opinion. Then some are very friendly. I hope your back gets better soon.
Helen

lunarossa said...

Hi Laine, Glad you went back to school ok. I wouldn't worry too much about the other TA, just do your best and I'm sure you'll be appreciated. Sorry about your lack of improvement in your back. Maybe you need a bit longer. Ciao. A.