Thursday 15 April 2010

Thank you

Thank you all so much for your kind support, it really means so much to me.

John and I are feeling very positive. We are not going to get down and moody about this situation. Well, not just yet anyway. I think sometimes we may feel frustrated and its not going to be easy. But, we have talked about all the things that we could possibly do and infact it can be looked at as a new beginning. John feels very relieved in a way. He is trying to think of what else is out there for him to do. i will keep you posted on our siutation.

I have had a hospital date given to me for my nerve root block injections (or whatever its called). I will let you know def what its all about when I get my letter from the hospital. I really hope that these injections will do something. Agaiin, I am up at 2am and cant sleep because of the pain and pins and needles in my leg and foot. All caused because a little bit of my disc is touching the nerve in my spine. So anyway the date is May 4th. I have to be at the hospital by 8am. I will be in for the morning. The procedure only takes about 30 mins. I should be able to go back to work after a couple of days. All I want is for this to go away!

Went for so many walks today, well yesterday now I suppose! Seeing as Im now into Thursday already! My Oscar is 8 now and he does really well. But, I was a bit worried about him after so many walks. He seems to have trouble with his back leg after he has been laying down. It sort of nearly collapses on him but after about a minute its fine. I think if it carries on today then I will have to take him to the vets. Im worried that I overdid the walking. I had a brisk 40 min walk in the woods followed by a two hour leisurely walk on the beach. Im hoping I havent overdone it for the poor old fellow!

Laine xxxxxx

4 comments:

Zoe said...

I have three discs that are pinched on one side,that causes me enough pain on a bad day,but Im lucky,I do feel for you hun,the injections sound ok although youre a braver person than I for having them,I hope they improve the quality of your life.Your husband sounds a bit better in your post,its a real shame a hard working talent could be wasted,its not easy finding work anywhere at the moment,it all comes at once doesnt it? Chin up itll be ok in the end xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lunarossa said...

Dear Laine, I really hope those injections will help you with your pain and your problem in general. There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep because of pain. I know that you're worried about John's job but I'm sure that if they don't keep him on, he will find another job. There are still good jobs out there for good people. And what about the idea of becoming self-employed? Sorry for the kids' guitar lessons. Isn't there any chance for them to join a group or a band so that they can practice together? Wish you all the best. Ciao. A.

Unknown said...

Going to the Vet sounds like a good plan it may be no more than a slipping knee joint but best ot get it checked out.

Be brave the needle will ease the pain!

AutumnRose said...

Hi! I found you through Cathy Kaminski! I had a similar experience 2 years ago where a piece of disc was hitting my spinal nerve...talk about pain! I had the injections (which didn't hurt, that's how much pain I was in)& wound up having surgery which took away most of the pain. Parts of my leg are still numb & if I get off balance, I tend to fall over! I just tell my kids to help pick mommy up! Sending good wishes your way and hope things look up soon! Karen